First of all, avoid acquiring plastic bags. Reusable cloth bags are sturdier and way better for the environment. Nonetheless, all of us end up having our own store of plastic bags to deal with. Instead of throwing them out, however, which would be very wasteful, consider reusing them. Bags are very versatile. Once the groceries have been unpacked, a plastic bags life does not need to be over. There are many ways to reuse a plastic bag.
To get started, here are just ten of those ways:
1. Use them as trash can liners. Why buy new garbage bags when you can just reuse the ones you already have from the grocery store? Its cheaper, less wasteful, and more convenient (you dont have to go and get more bags).
2. Reuse them as grocery bags, again. If you dont have a cloth bag, why not reuse your old plastic bags? They worked once; theyll work again, provided theyre not ripped.
3. Use them as storage bags. We all have things to store. Consider using a plastic bag to store them. Theyre more squishable and can fit into tighter spaces more easily than boxes.
4. Use plastic bags for packaging. If your boxes are full of fragile things (especially when moving or shipping) and need a little more cushioning, roll up a few plastic bags and stuff them in.
5. Pack your lunch for tomorrow in a plastic bag. Its quick and easy and works wonderfully for soup, which can leak easily without you knowing it!
6. Use a plastic bag to pick up after your dogif you have a dog. After all, you shouldnt leave it behind, and plastic bags are free and disposable. Why spend money on bags youll be throwing out immediately? Dont. barrel nuts screw
Use something you already have instead.
7. Store your dirty travel clothes in a plastic bag. This is for when youre on the road and dont have the chance to do laundry but still dont want your filthy, stinky clothes affecting your nice clean ones in your suitcase. Its smaller and lighter than other bags, and easier to store. It also wont leave the smell behind.
8. Make a hair mask wrap this is great when you want to soak your hair in a healing balm or eggs and mayonnaise for a good hour. Instead of having the smell go everywhere and the mask dry up and lose its effectiveness,barrel nuts and screw
wrap it with a plastic bag.
9. Use a plastic bag as a cutting board for messy items, such as meats. The cleanup is quick and easy: just throw the bag out when youre done.
10. Use a plastic bag as an icepack. Whatever the icepack is for (perhaps someone took a nasty spill), a plastic bag will work sufficiently. Throw in ice, tie the ends, and let the healing begin.
While there are many ways to reuse plastic bags, you may find your stock is still increasing more than its decreasing. Owning a cloth bag should help alleviate this problem, but, nonetheless, if you have more plastic bags than you know what to do with, recycle them. There are recycling bins for plastic bags outside of many grocery stores; get rid of your excess bags there.
With the bags you decide to keep, find new ways to make them useful. This list is a short one. Look up other ideas or try to come up with some of your own. Just dont let those plastic bags go to waste.